Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Am I misunderstood?

The situation: Bored on a Sunday evening, decided to read (for the first time) forwarded friendster messages and saw this:

One day , a girl's mom died. She bathe in> > flowers petals so the girl made a BIG heart in the> > mom's room sayin i miss u. Everyday a petal> > dissapears. Soon it was the girls birthday. and> > wen she go takes a shower the flower petals> > were> > in the tub saying:> > > > honey, i miss u 2. i luv u but if u need me. Ill> > always be in ur heart. I will never let go of u,> > tell ur dad i luv him.> > > > MOM> > > > Post this in less then an hour or ur mom will die> > and never come back to u> >

So I decided to send her a message containing these words:

> Umm, not wanting to sound offensive or anything, > but please don't forward any messages that > contain stupid insinuations like "your mom will > die " etc. > > Thanks.

And she replied with these:

wilson dear, come on!!! ok that message was way off, but dont you freakin blame me for forwarding it, why did you open it in the first place?! Man, dont read my messages ok?! its such a shame you're on my network, you are not even my friend (oh yeah, i remember! you've used most of my friends huh? pathetic user). Damn! you added me you jerk! Wilson, dont fucking mess with me! after all these years. Dude, i really should start believing what people say about you, its true! you are Abnormal!so long ugly LOSER!!!!!

Ok, So you might think that I really had too much time. So much free time in fact such that I was able to pick a fight even though I never really intended to. (Oo na, Ke gaw na). But I don't think I deserved a violent reaction from her. Anyway, I don't even understand why she called me a "user". Its not like I ever asked any favor from her nor from her friends. Heck, I haven't talked to them for almost two years already!

On a deeper note, I just couldn't help but think that what was happening to us is a microcosm
of whats happening to the Philippines where people misunderstand each other. How I wish I could write a longer piece, but I got to go now, bye!

3 comments:

peppericious said...

hee who was it?

G said...

the doctor is in heheh. hmm i'd like to know more about this person so i can give proper insights about his behavior. tska makikichismis din ako heheh

G said...

wah antanga natin ndi natin nabasa ung "her". anywho.. wil close mo ba tong girl? kasi kung hindi gagi ka e ang offensive naman din ng sinulat mo sa kanya e hehe. (sige post pa kayo pahabain nyo tong comment thread na to heheheh)