Tuesday, August 02, 2005

My E-mail Correspondence with Bret Hart

Sucks...

I sent him an e-mail which contained exactly these words:

Dear Mr. Hart:

Greetings!

You cannot believe how excited I am to be sending you this e-mail. I have been following you and your matches since God knows when here in the Philippines. You are still a very big wrestling figure here in our country. A lot of us still talk about you and your matches (you vs. your bro-in-law the British bulldog, you vs. mr.perfect) even after we don't watch much wrestling these days (the current product seems to be boring to us now). Personally, the best move that I've seen is how you use the figure-four on the steel post. Haha, all of us get a kick on how you would use that to fight bigger opponents.

Anyway, will there be a remote possibility of you visiting the Philippines? Even for a vacation? hehe, we have some of the best beaches in the world. I would very much like to meet you personally. You were a part of my childhood (I was a very big wrestling fan, and wanted to be a wrestler when I was still a toddler hehehe).

More power!

Regards,




Wilson Tang

And he replied me with these :

Hi. Thanks for writing to me. The fan mail I receive at this address
is given to me weekly. I enjoy reading your letters and have always
genuinely appreciated your feedback, so keep it coming! I try to answer
as many of you as I can but sometimes there just aren't enough hours in
the day. It sounds like just a line, but it's so true. I'm currently
in Toronto appearing as the genie of the lamp in a fun stage play
called Aladdin, The Magical Family Musical. After that I'll be returning
home to Calgary where I look forward to going to lots of Calgary Hitmen
games, which I've missed a lot while being away. I'll probably be doing
some autograoh sessions in the states in the Spring if it can be worked
out, but it's only in the early talking stages so if it actually comes
to be there won't be a schedule until after the first of the year.
Info will be posted on brethart.com - or to set up a booking e-mail
Marcy, my always swamped but forever tireless friend ( who really doesn't
like compliments even when they're deserved so this is a rib that will
drive her nuts! :-) ) She's also my office manager so e-mail her if
you want to look iinto booking an appearance.
marcy@brethart.com
Best wishes to each and every one of you for a happy and healthy
holiday and New Year. Bret

Sigh...I guess I better send the bald Chinese guy covering WWE for Star Sports another hate mail...

No comments: