Monday, August 01, 2005

My Plans for the Future

A lot of people, quite coincidentially, has been asking me what are my plans for the immediate future. I don't know, maybe its because I'm nearing graduation from college or something. Could it be an indication that I'm in demand by my colleagues? Haha, how I wish.

Anyway, my immediate goals for the future in order of when I wish to start my plans are:

1.) Start a business on 2006, while graduating with a BS Chemistry degree.
2.) Evaluate my business on 2007, start a new one if possible, while finishing my BS Materials Science and Engineering degree.
3.) Start grad school by pursuing an MS Chemistry degree at the Ateneo or apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship for a possible MS Nanoscience degree at Leiden University.
4.) Start my MS Materials Science and Engineering Degree at U.P. Diliman in 2008.
5.) Apply for a Doctoral degree at a U.S. , European or Japanese Grad school.

Yeah, I know all of these seems pretty ambitious. And in fact, I know some, if not all of these might not work out, am I'm prepared to face that reality. But this is the path that I would like to take for the present moment. The sole reason why I want to pursue a Ph.D. degree in science is because I believe in the power of science in transforming a nation (well, a Ph.D. degree won't hurt in scoring a few chicks here and there, but I'd probably be too old to do that by that time). The Philippines is in a crucial stage in its history where it needs science and engineering the most. It is a developing country in dire need of proper scientific applications to achieve national growth and prosperity. Hopefully, my dream will bear fruit and I would be able to contribute to science in the Philippines.

2 comments:

peppericious said...

what's the over/under on how many he accomplishes of the five?

G said...

"..1.) Start a business on 2006, while graduating with a BS Chemistry degree."

>> oi wil interesado pa din ako sa paggawa ng small business hahah. problema wala pa akong puhunan heheh.

"..3.) Start grad school by pursuing an MS Chemistry degree at the Ateneo or apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship for a possible MS Nanoscience degree at Leiden University."

>> whatever happened to your plan of pursuing your graduate degree in de la salle? its way better than some schmuck school. Ate..- what? (panggago lang hehe). tska para magkita tayo dito sa dlsu pag natanggap ako sa ms industrial psych dito diba?(hopefully) ..actually mas loser chem dito kaysa ate wahaha