Monday, August 07, 2006

What's up with marriage?

Seriously, what's up with marriage?

Everywhere I turn, it's what everyone's talking about.
When it comes to Jubilee people, it's always out of us, who's going to get hitched first or last or some variation of that. I'm not really commitment-phobic, but it's definitely getting weirder by the day.

Two nights ago, I texted a girl who I knew from another city here in NZ. I haven't hung out with her for maybe two years now, but we were very flirty then. Before I left, I made a bet with her that she and her new boyfriend won't even last a year, so I texted her last night asking if I won. Turns out I lost huge cause she's engaged to be married by the end of the year. Needless to say, I was floored.

Last night, Poy and I made a bet, whoever gets hitched first buys a bottle of Dom, although the person getting hitched will probably want to celebrate anyway. We also talked about who'd get hitched first and last and at what age some of the guys, like Wil for example, would get married at.

And today, in my weekly Monday drinking binges, the topic suddenly shifted to marriage. The girls who come with us couldnt come this week, so it became a guy's day out and the talk went to settling down. The guys were talking about how their long time girlfriends are starting to give "hints". Wow, how did I qualify in this conversation?

We also talked about what to do if you find out your girlfriend's pregnant. Wow, that was quite a topic, sobrang tameme lahat after a Swedish friend of ours talked about how his ex-girlfriend told him she was late and she ended up getting a miscarriage.

All of a sudden, it's like the topic of conversation. It's starting to weird me out. It also weirded out Iz, cause if I have a natural guy tendency for commitment-phobe, I still wouldn't be in the same league as her. Everytime she hears the "M" word, she gets all quiet and stuttery.. it's very cute actually.

Anyway, it's just probably a coincidence the past few days. Maybe the fact that my dichi got married at age 22 (my age now) is getting to me. For everyone's piece of mind though, I don't think it's going to happen to me anytime soon. Give it a few years, a stable life and the perfect girl and I'll get there.

Oh and don't worry, invited kayo lahat sa wedding haha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dapat invited din ako sa bachelor's party hehehehehehehhe



-wilson

Anonymous said...

looks like mag-uuwi ako ng Dom

peppericious said...

sino nag comment nyan? anonymous pa pucha

Anonymous said...

psst...
invite mo din ako sa wedding mo!
harharhar hehe