Monday, June 12, 2006

The Greatest Villians Ever

Mwahahahahahhahaha!!!! (evil maniacal laughter)

A couple of days ago, I bought the newest issue of Wizard magazine (I like having something to read on the bus on the way home). Anyway, one of the features was the top 100 greatest villians of all time.

Here's the top 5

5. Zombies (dawn of the dead)
4. Dr. Doom (Marvel)
3. Palpatine (Star Wars)
2. Pazuzu (The Exorcist)
1. The Joker (Batman)

Sounds about right, I guess, depending on the person. But what I found a lot more cool were the other villians that made the list. Here were the notables.

72. Tony Montana (Scarface) - Yo need pipol like me!
68. Megatron (Transformers) - he killed Optimus Prime, 68 is an insult
61. Johnny Lawrence (Karate Kid) - Daniel Larusso's enemy in the finals where he did the cheesy crane kick
57. Principal Rooney (Ferris Bueller's day off) - hee!
53. Cobra Commander (G. I. Joe) - has anyone else noticed that no one has died on G. I. Joe?

45. Mr Burns (Simpsons) - 45 is an insult. He should be in the top ten. Excellentttt.
29. T-1000 (Terminator 2) - I remember when I was a kid, we had a driver who looked a LOT like him and I was scared of being in the car alone with him. He got fired when he flipped one of our cars upside down outside La Salle Greenhills and his gun got tossed in the street where a kid found it. Hee!

15. Pennywise (It) - If this list was a list of the things that creep me out the most as a child, the clown in "It" would be number 1. I remember when he was the sewer grate and he grabbed the poor child. Brrrrrr.

14. Freddy Kreuger - on the same creepy list, Freddy would be number 2. When I was 10, I had a dream about him chasing me around a cemetery which is incredibly creepy to think even now cause Freddy kills in dreams.


And that's that.

You haven't heard the last of me, Penelope Pitstop!!!

(that dude wasn't on the list. stupid inaccurate list.)

4 comments:

G said...

Bollocks. The top 5 list is an insult to all the hardworking scheming malevolent villains.

Not only is the list poorly judged (why the hell would a pussy Pazuzu be included in the list when Linda Blair was 'friggin scarier), but it also errorneously included Tony Montana to the list. My idol's an anti-hero, not a villain for God's sake.

Might as well include the blockheads from Gumby, Bebop, and Rocksteady to the list.

...Rubbish, I tell you, rubbish.

jeco said...

the post is not exactly accurate.

eto magpapakageek mode ako hehehe

In G.I. Joe: the movie released 1987 on direct video (and the subsequent saturday morning specials on star world right after the cartoon dungeons and dragons series) The G.I. Joe team leader Duke (recognizable through his yellow polo and green army shorts, was killed by Serpentor, the new leader of the Cobra forces when Cobra Commander was deemed incompetent by the Cobra-La in conquering the world.

The movie was followed by the movie length feature of my little ponies

peppericious said...

yeah i remember that heh.. but im just saying for a show that's about a war, you would think that there would be casualties. they should have non-speaking grunts that can die in the line of fire for both sides.

G said...

YOOOO JOE!!!!

I've always thought that the series featured massive collateral damage to properties, absurdly expensive military technology & equiptment, but soldiers and conscripts for both sides were mind-numbingly incompetent as there were no suffered casualties in the entirety of the war whatsoever.

Now I know. lol.

-----

On a side note, how many of you guys managed to chance upon the new GI Joe series? the one with the suffix "Extreme", I think? I think I saw it once and I got nauseated.

Cold war versus the commies was over so there's no real purpose for the show. They instead featured steroid-induced supersoldiers who fight for God knows what.

Whatever happened to the 100% real American hero? Where are the subliminal messages? lol.