Monday, November 13, 2006

Transformers the movie

i just found some interesting facts about the transformers movie just because i recently had a recall episode of old saturday morning cartoons when i learned that there's a Voltron movie in the works

Leonard Nimoy (Spock from the first Star Trek series) voiced Galvatron, the reincarnation of Megatron after he and Optimus Prime were killed.

Transformers the movie was Orson Welles' last movie he died right after he finished all his lines as Unicron.

Orson Welles' hated the movie and his character.

It was said that the transformers movie was supposed to be shown after G.I. Joe the movie came out. G.I. Joe had first issued their script which incidentally also had a lead character, (Duke) die as well. The G.I. Joe movie was delayed leaving the transformers movie enough time to be released first. The company handling both titles felt that having two lead characters die off consecutively would be too much for the audience and opted to not release G.I. Joe on theaters at all. Had the G.I. Joe movie been on schedule, Optimus Prime would most probably still be alive.

If there are any of you who like jimson, watch the West Wing. I just noticed an uncanny resemblance between Kup, the old transformer that was introduced in the movie as a mentor to Hot Rod, and John Spencer, the actor who plays White House Chief of Staff Leo Mcgary. Just something i realized just now.

I'm waiting on the download of the special Voltron episode where the Lion Voltron travelled across space to the area of the Vehicle Voltron and they fought together against Zarkon.

By the way my flight was moved a month earlier, i'm going home in around 56 hours. My lord, excited just can't satisfy what i'm feeling right now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the team-up of the two voltrons way back when I was a kid. If I remember it correctly, the enemies of the respective Voltron versions formed an alliance.

Heeheee I was also able to download the old transformers movie (A new one's coming out) and somehow, I wasn't very enthusiastic while watching it. Must be because I'm starting to get older...NOOOOOOOOO!

Orson Welles eh? They've got some big names in that movie. The gay singer of Queen who died from AIDS even composed and sang the movie's theme song.


-Wilson

Anonymous said...

I checked wikipedia now. Kasama pala si Judd Nelson at Casey Kasem....Casey Kasem!!! That's old school hahaha

-wilson

Anonymous said...

Hihi, jeco's post made me search wikipedia. Apparently, Duke (from G.I. Joe) didn't die. He was in a comatose state.

-Wilson

G said...

See you soon chong.

Guess who resigned last friday and who's now a bum starting today heh.

Anonymous said...

gay singer ano?!
naalala ko yung takara transformers na pinapanuod ko dati araw araw bago pumasok nung high school sa star tv, nagcocombine si optimus dun sa convoy/container nya tapos magiging sobrang laki

G said...

http://transformersthemovie.com

Me Grimlock not in Transformers movie rawr!