Saturday, July 22, 2006

Why I Hate Forwarded Christian Messages

Being connected to the internet is both a blessing and a curse. Blessing since so much information are within your reach ( chemistry research journals are much easier to search now) but a curse when you consider how much forwarded Christian messages there are.

No, I'm not a Christian hater like those Romans that persecuted the early Christians. I just hate it when they end it with a sentence that goes something like "If you love God you will forward this message to a gazillion people".

Damn it. God knows if I love him or not. IT WILL NEVER BE FUCKING BASED ON ME FORWARDING A STUPID CHRISTIAN MESSAGE THAT DOESN'T HAVE ANY POINT. Yes, they don't have a point really if you ask me. Especially the one about an atheist professor and a Christian student blah blah. I say those "Christians" are so close minded as to base my love of God on forwarding a stupid message that doesn't have any point.

Ok, granting that spreading the gospel is one of our missions as a Christian, if you're going to forward a Christian message, might as well forward a good THEOLOGICAL message. Don't just forward crap like God is good and God loves you to people who've heard it more than ten gazillion times already. That's why I subscribe to the newsletter of Bishop Spong. His theology is so open-minded (God didn't really resurrect, Moses didn't cross the Red Sea etc.) and makes you think about your faith. Not that I believe in him entirely. Its just refreshing to read new opinions about the message in the bible.

Anyway, I haven't opened a "Christian" forwarded message for a few years now. But they keep on popping out in new mediums like text messages, yahoo messengers and internet relay chats. Damn it.

No comments: