Sunday, September 10, 2006

Four

Thoughts of 17-year old Jim on the JCA Gaduation Ceremony, March of 2002:

- Wow, I can't believe I'm finally graduating.

- La Salle is going to rock!

- College chicks, woohoo!

- Hey, is that Janny's mom?

- Hey, it's Eugene. I hear he's going to Ateneo. Ten bucks say I never see him again.

- Hey it's Cathy. I really should keep in touch with her after high school. Too bad she doesn't drink.

- I'm not going to miss this campus cause I'll drop by every other week. After all, one can't forget where one came from.

- Did my family just leave mid-way?

- I wrote such a good graduation song. Four years from now, I'll look back on it and say, wow!

- I really need to put on some weight, I'm too thin (Sigh, I am such a fat-ass now that even joking about it is making me sad nyahahaha).

- I'm so excited about the yearbook. I'm so excited I'll probably kill myself if I don't see it half a year from now... a year?... two years?... three? four?.. (hey, it came out!)

- Hey it's Odell and Rae, what a lovely couple! I bet they get married first, after all, they do have a star named after them!

- Hey, is that Janny's mom?

- "Hey Alden, who are those three guys that always hang out together? What? Pierce? Ohhh Pierre. What an odd name. What are the other two? Glenn and Wilson? Oh, never mind, I'll probably never see them again anyway."

- Hey, it's Johann Ortega! We're taking the same course in La Salle. I bet we're going to be really close friends now.

- La Salle rocks! They are the champions, after all. They are sooo going to win the title next year! And even if they don't, with their high-caliber recruitment program, they'll be in the top for a long long time! Yessiree!

- Hey, it's Sherri! You know who she's be great with, like in a perfect world? Lester Pascual! Ahhh, my overactive imagination running wild again.

- I wonder what Pachi is going to be like in 4 years? (Oh, I'm still curious about this, by the way)

- Hey, it's Jeco receiving the Christian Leadership Award (hee, I can't even type it with a straight face). The award couldn't have gone to a more deserving guy! A future pillar of the Christian community, I tell you.

- Hey, it's Stephen... and uh... er..... Yeah, I got nothing. Seriously, can anyone think of the difference between high school Stip and college Stip? Yeah, me neither.

- Wow, great graduation. I am so ready for the next step! Four years from now, I'll probably be all successful, but even I'm not, at least I don't end up in some school like Ateneo or in some obscure country like New Zealand or whatever. Yup, I have it all planned out!

- Hey, is that Janny's mom?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Masarap ang kiampong ng nanay ni janny ...wala lang..

-wilson

jeco said...

dito dapat papasok yung idea dati of making a time capsule. just to see how we fucked up our lives or how we turned it far better than we expected. Christian leadership award my ass

peppericious said...

well we are not that old yet. frankly there's still time for a time capsule. we just seem to not be able to get off our ass and get things done. case in point, time capsule, the yearbook, bookdrive and im sure what is many more ideas we've all come up with over the years and abandoned.

G said...

oops. lol