Friday, September 15, 2006

Thank goodness for old videos

- I just finished watching an old episode of Boy Meets World, the one where they graduate. And yes, I got all senti watching Cory, Shawn, Topenga and Mr. Feeny. Sigh....

- If you haven't or aren't watching the Colbert Report (sister show of The Daily Show) then y'all need to start. It is soooo insane, I can't get enough of it. Last night's episode had the ambassador of Hungary, where Colbert is trying to get a bridge named after him and ESPN's Bill Simmons (who stunk as a guest, actually.. sadly, no chemistry with Colbert). Anyway, download it off the net if you aren't getting it there.

- Oh, I just saw Good Night and Good Luck the other day and wow! it is really good. I didn't know George Clooney could direct that well.

Anyway, I'm in a watch old videos mood the last few days, so here are some I've seen so far:

Two episodes of the X-files Season 1 - Fun to watch, Scully is still hot and it reminded me why I was so in love with the show then.

Batman The Animated Series - I didn't appreciate how dark this cartoon was then. Now that I have a different perspective on it, I have to say that wow, it is dark.

Spider-man And His Amazing Friends Season 2 - For some reason, season 2 only has 4 episodes and most just tells their origin (oddly, Firestar's origin was that she came from the original X-men). Oh and it is downright awesome hearing 70s Wolverine's weird pseudo Aussie accent (maybe that's how they cast Hugh Jackman three decades later).

Whose Line is it Anyway - I miss Ryan and Colin. I hope they're still working.

Top 100 Stand-ups of All Time - this is a Comedy Central special where they count down the best stand-up comedians of all time. For the show, they had a roundtable of current comedians giving commentary on the list. Pretty cool. Oh and if you're curious, here are the notables: 1. Richard Pryor 2. George Carlin 3. Lenny Bruce 4. Woody Allen 5. Chris Rock

South Park - I only saw one old episode of late, the one where they get ninja weapons and Kenny throws the throwing star into Butters' eye. While I've finally seen Family Guy and it is indeed really good, there is still no overtaking South Park especially when they're in a Satirical mood.

Geri Halliwell, It's Raining Men - I remember shopping in London with Jeco when I first saw this video. I was in Top Shop and I remember all the men in the store literally frozen as we were all transfixed by Geri Halliwell's new body. It was just jaw-dropping, need to readjust the pants kind of moment. Years later, it still rocks.

-----------------------------------------

Anyway, I'm off to watch some more.

Ciao for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

meron ako transformers the movie na cartoon...wala lang...pinapanood ko din haha

- wilson

G said...

We only have The Daily Show here in the Phils, through JackTV, and I must say, the democrat satire's getting really stale.

I miss the original X-men, and same goes for Batman.

-----

Anywhoo, try to look for Anthony Bourdain's shows, books, and fiction. I'm digging his cynicism. =)