Friday, September 01, 2006

Live from Auckland, New Zealand

Okay, I just finished my week long Auckland trip. I'm about to head to Australia for the tourneys, so it's still poker non-stop.

As for how I did, it's been miserable to say the least. I've played for four nights now and all I have to show for myself is even. That really sucks.

On Monday, I dropped 4 buy-ins. I was aggressive early and trapped someone when I had QQ and he had a pair of tens and a flush draw but he sucked out on the river. And then my KK got cracked with a straight. And then I got short-stacked and failed to improve on my flush and straight draw. And finally, my AK ran into AA. Not how I wanted to start my trip.

I won it back on Tuesday, but then got a killer night again on Wednesday. I dropped 3 buy-ins that time. I check-raised all-in with AJ on an Ace high flop and got called by A4 and got runner runnered straight. I then flopped the Jack high flush and someone else flopped the nut flush. And finally, I pushed with 88 and got called with K4 and got a King on the river. Again, I won it back on Thursday, but that's pretty much how my week was going.

Hmmm what else... oh, Josh Hartnett and Melissa George is shooting a movie in Auckland and I played blackjack (I was killing time) with them.

So anyways, it's off to Australia now. I got a big tourney on Saturday, so wish me luck on that. I got Izzy to meet me in Aussie, so that's gonna be cool.

If you also checked out my multiply account, I posted that I just bought myself a projector. I don't have anywhere to put it in my place in Wellington, so it's going back to Manila with me.

Well, that's it. Ciao for now.

No comments: