Sunday, April 01, 2007

April’s fool

In the spirit of silliness, I passed around this message to selected friends and acquaintances:

“Please pray for the well-being of my son, Michael Glenn. He is currently in
critical condition for intracranial hemorrhage, traced to a ruptured cerebral
blood vessel, from his chronic migraine.”

And of course, put this at the end of the message:

“Psyched! April fools!”
I started a joke, which started the whole world crying,
But I didn’t see that the joke was on me, oh no.

I don’t want a similar untoward incident to happen again, where news broke out that I met my Creator from Cerebral Edema. Jeco even called up the funeral homes just to check of there was really a stiff dead guy lingering there by the name of Glenn. And that year, news also got to Thailand, where some of my Atenean Psychology acquaintances shared the “bad” news with each other.

I started to cry, which started the whole world laughing,
Oh, if Id only seen that the joke was on me.

Oh yeah, some even called me up and was sobbing, even after I told them it was a prank. Well thankfully, there’s none of that this year.

I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
And I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that Id said.

I then received this message before the day ended from an undisclosed friend (she asked me that she does not wish to be identified and that it will be a secret between the two of us, lol):

“I’m really sorry to hear that. I will be asking [the] others to pray for him as well. Can we visit him? We are his classmates in graduate studies, and he was such a good friend to us.”

Till I finally died, which started the whole world living,
Oh, if Id only seen that the joke was on me.

Apparently, some recipients got truncated messages, where I told them in the end that what happened to me isn’t true, and that I’m alive and well, lol.

Hmm. A song ironically comes into mind, one from the Bee Gee’s.

No comments: