Sunday, April 01, 2007

Children's Names

Ever since my last college exam ended last Friday, I've been doing nothing except to sleep, eat, read and catch-up on movies that I haven't able to watch this year. So yeah, I pretty have too much idle time with me right now. Now all that's in the way of my glorious graduation from Ateneo is my chemistry thesis which I plan to finish this month.

Anywhoo, since I had too much time really, the thought came to mind of what I could name my children in the event that the Oracle of Cubao that I once consulted turned out to be wrong. You see, I had the unfortunate experience of being foretold that I would be...barren. Of course, I still had to pay that motherfucker her dues after one grand insult. So much for good fortunes.

One name that came to mind was Yolanda if its a girl. Yolanda's not too common yet it has that certain exquisiteness attached to it. I have set my boy's name to be Seth, but remembered that Jimson might ask long-forgotten Sevilla to hunt me down and kill me if I did just that. So, my backup name for my boy will be Gordon. Again, not too common, but has that authority-sounding thought attached to it.

Of course, all of these are subject to my future wife's approval. Btw, you guys are free to name your children "Wilson". I'd be flattered and honored by that gesture. Just make sure he grows up to be straight or we'll have to pray the gay away.

xxx

Speaking of Cubao, I saw some of Jubilee's finest kindergarten teachers in Cubao lining up at the MRT. It was obvious from their facial expression that they don't know me, except for one Ms. Aggabao. You guys remember Aggabao? The teacher who always wore Christian-themed earrings? She was with some others who I am sure were once our teachers.

XXX

1 comment:

peppericious said...

dudeeee.. seth is not even in the realm of taken.. its beyond taken... ngayong palang, sinasabi ko na that when you hear someone say little seth ten years from now, that person is referring to my little boy.