Saturday, October 21, 2006

Physics Marathon

Just finished a 5-hour marathon physics exam.

I'm not exaggarating when I tell you now that I puked out of sheer mental exhaustion (well, I also didn't sleep last night).

Physicists must be crazy. After taking the exam, I talked with some of my physics major friends and asked them why they're hanging out at Faura Hall. Apparently, they're preparing for their Classical Mechanics finals orals exams. The no. of thesis statements? 80. They have to prove the statements mathematically, and explain it very well, all in under 10 minutes.

I was informed that the survival rate of that course is very low. Last year only 5 students out of 16 passed it. To think that some of the smartest kids in the country take up physics at the Ateneo.

I bow down everytime I meet a physics major. They probably have the hardest curriculum in our school. To think that we chem majors lord it over a section of the school. We just laugh when people say that Management-Honors is the toughest course in the Ateneo (How you measure the toughness of a course when you've never even in that course is beyond me, I just have to say we have a tougher course hehehehe).

No comments: