Thursday, March 08, 2007

On this week's G spot

I went to a 2-day seminar for student professional organization leaders once (I think it was two years ago). While on the bus ride going to Antipolo, I chummied up with Englicom’s president (Englicom’s equivalent to Ateneo’s Celadon).

I asked him about the meaning of the organization’s name.

Guy: “Englicom means English, Liberal Arts, and Commerce. Those were the colleges in DLSU then.”
Me: ”Well, that’s nice to know (I was being honest about it).

Then the guy added this for no reason:

Guy: “you know, it’s really a misnomer to name Englicom as a Filipino-Chinese organization. It’s really a Filipino and Chinese organization. We accept Filipino members just as much as we accept Chinese (he means Filipino-Chinese) members.”

Me: “That’s also nice to know (bullshit)."

I lost my interest in making friends with each organization’s presidents and vice presidents from hearing that bullshit concoction to win more members (and ultimately more money from their membership fees. You see, in DLSU, organization recruitment doesn’t involve screening. All you need is the green). I acted like an ass, played cards and beat the crap out of them. I didn’t socialize with them and I slept early at night.

God damn fakers.

I didn’t make any friends in that 2 day seminar except for Chelly (my boss), and Marlon (my roomie and the president of one of them engineering organizations). Nice fellows.

That’s the back story of why I’m such an unpopular executive vice president.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got tons of "unpopular" stories hehehehe. In fact, I practically have a Ph.D. for unpopular officership haha.


-wilson

G said...

hahahaha do tell