Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Transforming cognition

If I were to direct the upcoming transformers movie, I’d change the one-dimensional characterization of those robots and keep up to date with the themes explored in today’s superhero and graphic novels on introspection.

I’d portray Megatron and Optimus Prime as middle-aged seniles having existential and metaphysical crises. That’ll be cool. If they are sentient, they should be conscious and at least try to rationalize some phenomena in their universe.

Optimus Prime:

“You know, I’ve always wondered where my container attachment goes whenever I transform into a humanoid. It vanishes into thin air, yet it reattaches on cue.”

"Oh yeah, Ratchet, do remind me if it's time for my monthly prostate sparkplug checkup."


Megatron:

“Starscream, something's been troubling me all this while. How could a multi-ton robot transform into a small German handgun? Where does the extra mass go?”

No comments: