Sunday, March 26, 2006

Circa 2002.

[Ack. Pardon the sentence construction. Sleep deprivation. This one's a reprise on the one about "the best is yet to come", and on jim's countless inspirational posts. and to the person who said that we're all fucking retarded. Well sometimes we're not. But most of the time, we are. lol.]

I was reading Wil's resume last night when I saw that he mentioned about that cyberfair thingy again. Again I wondered: "hey, whatever happened to it nga ba?"...

You see, the server stopped hosting the files. And we thought that it was gone forever.

Not.

AGAIN, with nothing else better to do, I remembered that I had once sent a copy to a friend of mine. So I decided to rummage my old edsamail files.

Yes edsamail. the false promise that everything was supposed to be free. The free (well it was free then) email account that we oh so abused with forwarded messages. I always thought that saving the dump *.mbx files would be of use in the future (yes I know, what a dork).

After installing edsamail 1.3 and overwriting the mbx files, lo and behold - nostalgia minefield! All my fourth year highschool email messages still intact! From emails from Ms. Balubar and Mr. Magalit, to Pierre's email attachments on the air hockey and pool game that we used to play in the computer room when Ms. Balubar wasn't looking, to my personal email exchanges with some of my close friends, the same friend whom I've sent the files to. Who? Let's just say I found my old macaroon recepie while browsing my sent messages. lol.

Grabe. 2002. Can't help but smile and remember. lol. Ang totoy at nene pa. heheheh.

The site now has a new home: http://www.geocities.com/lykwyss/edsa/index.htm (Pierre declined to host it because he felt too lazy to upload the files).

-----

But why all the hassle? Why reminisce a time that's long gone?

Because it's one of the things that will make us remember what it was like when we were in third and fourth year high. The time when we thought that we could conquer the world. The time when we thought that we could do anything. The time when we thought that we were the best senior batch in our school.

Puppy loves, crushes, chapel presentations, intramurals, and the occasional scandals. (" P*#$&!%@ ANONG MALI SA JOB PLAN KO???!!") Good times. =)

Well most of us are graduates now. And most forgot. All I'm asking is to look back and remember. Remember and make meaning out of it all.

After all, life's all about meaning making.

Here's to nostalgia. =)

2 comments:

peppericious said...

Wow. site still looks good. the section about us was both awww-inspiring and cheese-filled. As a marketing student, i'm ashamed at how disorganized my words in the flash presentation was. nevertheless, we rocked so it's all good.

G said...

My exact same sentiments. Embarassingly cheesy. But bottomline, we kicked ass.

Can't imagine that I once sported the TGIS haircut. Ugh!