Friday, March 17, 2006

Eighteen Rues

I have seen the day
that generosity was misunderstood;
that selflessness was romanticized.
I did.

I have also seen the day
when creation became destruction;
when purity became tainted;
when power became impotent;
when piety became incest;
when liberty became bigotry;
when selflessness became selfishness;
when desire became detest;
when bliss became brawling.
you did.

I have finally seen the day
that symbols were obvious-
that opposites attract.
we did.


-------


[[I actually don't know whether this one is nonsensical or just crappy. i think its both.

this one's supposed to be about irony. It's actually from a personal experience of mine.

eighteen rues. eighteen rules. eighteen lines.
eight teen rues. eight symbolic gifts to eight of my friends on my eighteenth birthday.
eight gifts that were misunderstood.
eight gifts that meant to resonate. to resonate each of the good qualities that i've seen in these eight friends.
eight qualities that ive also grown when i became friends with them.

yet it turned out that the eight good qualities that i saw in them became the same opposite qualities that they returned to me that finally lead to our own separate ways.

we then realized for ourselves that myself and them were polar opposites. yet we coexisted.

a sad story for a friendship that never really was.]]

No comments: