Friday, March 24, 2006

Graduation

I posted this in my blog today and I guess I'm doing the same here

------------------------------------------

Ateneans are graduating this weekend.

Wow, I can't believe time passed this fast.

I remember the Orsem and how everyone was excited to be an Atenean.
I remember the long-ass lines just to enrol.
I remember the food.
I remember the morning classes and the only way to stay awake was either a plastic cup of hot milo or waiting for the hot chick who wears slutty outfits to walk past.
I remember the orgs.
I remember the late nights rehearsing for Tanghalang Ateneo.
I remember teaching underpriviledged high schoolers and Alternative classes.
I remember the inspiring teachers.
I remember the breaks where everyone caught up with each other and in my case, got drunk before the next class.
I remember being excited about the possibility of a free cut.
I remember the people.

Yes, I admit. A huge part of me wishes that I could be there marching with my blockmates, my high school batchmates, my org mates and everyone else. I remember the first day in Ateneo and I really thought that I'd be there for the full ride. I guess the traveller in me just couldn't be held down. I guess I needed to be more free. And now, I don't think I'm more free than before. But it was something that I needed to do, and I did it. At the very least, I got to experience what it was like to be an Atenean before I had to travel to the corners of the world.

It's a good thing that I'm doing good here otherwise I'd be incredibly sad and homesick. It took a year to get me settled in Wellington but I think I am finally. I have a good roommate, I'm incredibly enjoying my studies this semester and also, it's good to have a pseudo-kind of-potential but already there-dont have a description yet- girl. I've said it already before, but it's so good to finally move on and even better to have no drama whatsoever.

Anyway, congratulations Ateneans. I'm so proud of you guys. If I could walk down with you, I would. But I guess phonecalls and loving words are all I can offer right now. I'm glad I've been part of your ride and that you all were part of my shorter ride. I wish you guys nothing but the best for the future and what it beckons.

To shobs, tahnee, cathy, eug, wil, jeco, choi, nikki, cha, cheska, raerae, lingling, garrido, paul, jp, owen, bianca, kris, camille, marge, vonn, mardel, isabel, patty, lyra, kl, sasa, vanny, eli, johann, brian and everyone else I unintentionally missed... God speed and God bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats s mga ateneans

G said...

Congratulations Ateneans!