Monday, March 13, 2006

Untitled

You think you have an interesting life. And for the most part, you do. You wake up, you go to your job, you go out in the weekends. You do everything you're supposed to do the way it's supposed to be done. But once in a while, there's a chance to do more, and you take it.

I read. I write. I create. I chat. I think. But most of all, I appreciate. Yes, they all matter to me because i make meaningful experiences out of them. Yet these are the small things in life that many neglect.

Giving up the whole afternoon just to read a Buru Quartet; sharing your personal thoughts and opinions to someone you hardly know; baking macaroons as an expression of gratitude; helping someone to design a guidebook cover and not ask for anything in return just because you are passionate about it.

In this material world that we are living, there are far more things in life that money can't buy. People should start appreciating these small things and make meaning out of it.

My life can't just be interesting, it has to be meaningful.

No comments: