Thursday, May 11, 2006

I remember you

It's been over six years
It feels a lot more than that
Like a lifetime ago
But I still remember you

I remember our innocence
It was simple then
We followed how we felt
And the rest was noise

And now, it's hardly like that
But I still remember you

I remember your scent
And how it lingered even when you're not there
Even now, I can still smell you
An iris blooming in the rain

I don't miss us
Because we never really knew each other
We were young; a slave to our feelings
And it led us to each other

I don't know you anymore
But I still remember you

I remember us dancing
Moving slowly with the music
The magic of the night took over
And we were lost; swept in ecstasy

We had our moments and our endings
We made each other smile and cry
And if our paths never cross again
I will still remember you

No comments: