Sunday, May 21, 2006

SM Mall of Asia

Set against the backdrop of Manila Bay, the newly inaugurated two-story Mall of Asia is SM's foray into the high-end mall. It boasts itself as the third largest mall complex in the world. They also have the largest IMAX theatres in existence. But I wasn't that impressed.

Maybe I should have gone ahead and watched an IMAX movie just to appreciate the Mall of Asia more. The design of the entire mall is very impressive but somehow you get the feeling that its just another SM mall. Let's look at it this way, I was more impressed with Greenbelt and Gateway when they first opened. But the only thing that impressed me with the Mall of Asia is its larger skating rink, the Manila Bay and Baclaran Church. Maybe I might be impressed with the IMAX after I watch it next week.

My biggest complaint with the Mall of Asia is its small eating establishments. Each restaurant I saw probably can't sit comfortably 30 or 40 people. The lights keep on going on and off and the airconditiong wasn't as reliable as well. Maybe they have to iron out the electrical works first.

If there's any consolation, there were a lot of hot chicks who were exploring the area. That was really the sight to behold. Haha.

1 comment:

G said...

boo, you didn't invite me. hehe oh well. manlibre ka next week heheh