Monday, April 24, 2006

Dream on

I had a dream a week ago. I dreamt that I was back in high school, but I knew what was going on. It was like a groundhog day, matrix-like feeling where you know something is wrong but you're the only one who knows it. So it was kind of like that. It's the type of dream where after you wake up, you're just speechless and you're just trying to process everything.

Eventually, I thought about it some more and I figured it would be really cool to go back to high school with everything I've learned now. Of course, a lot about it would suck like having to sit in a room from 7:30 to 4pm, not being able to cut classes, a more strict environment and freakin uniforms. But, then again, there would be a lot of cool things I'd want to do. Here's some off the top of my head.

1. Challenge an argument a teacher makes in class.

Now in Jubilee, if you do this with any teacher, you're bound to get in trouble. But if you do this to the wrong teacher, like say Mrs Corpuz, then that's a sure-fire mark in your Student disciplinary record or SDR. But, it would still be really cool that when an AP teacher asks a question, you'd go "why? and present evidence supporting this claim."

2. Answer a high school question with a collegiate response.

If you can go back to high school and not act like a college ass, then it's not worth it heh. Imagine answering a book review question where the expected high school response would be "it was well-written and I enjoyed reading it" and answer it along the neighborhood of "the author's attempt to showcase a world on the precipice of post-modernism is well-documented" and just watch the blank faces of everyone listening would be really cool.

3. Ask a philosophical question in Bible Class

There would be no greater joy than hearing Pastor Pan talk about Dragon Ball or his new cell phone and then interrupt his delirious rant, asking him about the ontological argument or Nietszche's views on existentialism. Ten bucks say you get foldered.

4. Join in on the high school chatter

Remember when we didn't know anything about anything? Well, innocence once lost can never be regained. But it would still be nice to be surrounded again with high school jubilee students who think and talk like high school jubilee students.

5. Did a lot more stupid things

If I slugged Kenneth Coyukang on the mouth when I was high school, I'd probably get in trouble. But to be honest, in the long run, which is sort of now, I doubt it would have made a difference in my life. And think of the satisfaction. So if I had a fictional day in high school, I'd enjoy the good things on the first half of the day. After lunch time, all bets are off. At the end of my wild day, I'd find my SDR and rip it to shreds in front of Ms. Albano. heh.

2 comments:

G said...

There was this one time where Mrs. X taught us something that's grossly incorrect, but I couldn't tell her that she's wrong because we couldn't then.

"Ma'am, 'et tu brute?' doesn't mean 'the die is cast'; it means 'and you, brutus?'. I think what you mean is 'jacta alea est'."

An instant open invitation for a student disciplinary record entry for being such a smartass.

-----

6. Befriend the Paulineans!
7. Join the MiRC chatrooms
8. Dominate the intramurals
9. Trash the class competitions
10. Do some more stupid things. hehe

jeco said...

baket? si blancaver naman saka si gavino nachallenge naman natin a. Blancaver was even audacious enough to go in front of class and whine about respect when he can't even spell the word.