Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The most horrific night of my life

On stress-filled nights, I dream about it
On desperate days, I think about it
That fateful night, drilled into my psyche
Torturing and tearing me apart

I remember it like it was just yesterday
the group sat in a circular table
the sea roared deafening the silent night
oblivious to the events that is about to unfold

They all started laughing and screaming
The screaming, oh god.. I can still hear them in my sleep
I had lost that fateful round, resigned to my fate
wishing I was somewhere else rather than there

And then, I could stall no longer
I grabbed the spoon filled with the horrible substance
A substance that should never be consumed
A substance that hell itself spat out

With a small prayer, I took a huge breath
And then, I took it all in
eyes watering, mouth burning
my tongue knew this was no ordinary meal

And just like I predicted, my throat said fuck off
I felt it rushing back out, my body ready to release
I ran to the other room, with everyone chasing after me
But they could not catch one as desperate as I

Finally, the demonic liquid was expelled
my eyes still watering at the scarring event
I made my way back to the battling ground
Ready to seek vengeance at everyone

The night ended in laughter
but in my dreams, I wake in cold sweats
As I will remember that fateful eve
when I ate a spoon filled with mayonnaise

No comments: